Tuesday, June 23, 2015

My Masterpiece

So I'm supposed to write a blog, but I have no idea how to begin to describe this experience. I feel like I've somehow teleported to a whole new place. It amazes me how I could sit on my butt for 8 hours and end up on the other side of the globe. Maybe it's because this is my first time being out of the country. It's my first time being completely independent.

I guess I'm an adult now.

But let's get to what everyone wants to know: How is the internship?

Let me tell you, it's amazing. I'm learning so many therapeutic techniques. I consider myself a Cognitive-Behavioral therapist trainee, but I'm learning other techniques to help further my understanding of counseling. Not only that, but my boss Ventura is the biggest sweetheart. It's weird seeing your boss wear a V neck with his chest hair peeping out, but that's normal in Spain. (And so is PDA). I only wish I could observe more therapies, because I find it fascinating. Some people are intrigued by art. This to me is art. I am watching someone reveal their innermost parts of themselves, and I get to see how they transform. It's beautiful. It's like waiting for a flower to bloom.

So I hope I did Madrid justice. This experience is truly beyond words. Everything and everyone has truly been a blessing. So to all those in Madrid, I hope this wasn't boring. To everyone in MN, I will see you soon.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment